Poems from the 12-Hour Couplets Contest: Rock Trio, Felicity Teague

Felicity Teague features regularly in The HyperTextsSnakeskin, and elsewhere. 

Her second collection, Interruptus: A Poetry Year, is forthcoming in 2025.

Rock Trio

Ciao, all! I’m Gabbro and I’m igneous. The fiery type!

I formed from mafic magma, hot as Satan’s own puff-pipe!

With other rocks around me, I cooled slowly. We were snug!

A group of grey guys gathered in a hot humongous hug.

 

Hola! I am Coquina. I’m a sedimentary sort.

I’m made of shells. I love the beach. I’m not so fond of sport!

For many years, I braved the waves and sailed the swirling seas.

Now I can sunbathe with my friends, enjoy a life of ease.

 

Ah, Guten Tag. I’m Augen gneiss! A metamorphic make.

My name means ‘eyes’. I seem to stare. I’m always wide awake!

My birth involved high heat and pressure, two great strengths combined,

to merge some granite and some feldspar. Now, let’s rock! Let’s grind!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12-hour Sonnet Contest!

Winning Poem: 12-Hour Sonnet Contest

12-Hour Couplets Contest