Polari Catullus 50, Jennifer Ingleheart (September 2026)
Polari Catullus 50
A double act?
We agreed to fool around, have a little
fun, the other day,
toss off some gags, craft some jokes, not for any show but just for play.
How utterly fantabulosa! What fun and games we two had,
coming up with quips, drinking cheap red wine, round your bachelor pad,
and as time went on, the punchlines became more and more outrageous –
heartface, your dirty mind and dirtier laugh were quite contagious!
And then when I went back all on my tod to my lonely old ken,
all I could think was how I needed to be with you once again –
my dear, I was so very fired up by your wit and your talent,
I couldn’t manage even a single wink, I swear I couldn’t,
tossed and turned about on my single letty ‘til ever so late.
And today so as to let you know all about my two and eight,
I’m dropping you a line. Be a bona pal, don’t be a meanie:
Miss Karma can be a terrible bitch – you’d better believe me!
toss off some gags, craft some jokes, not for any show but just for play.
How utterly fantabulosa! What fun and games we two had,
coming up with quips, drinking cheap red wine, round your bachelor pad,
and as time went on, the punchlines became more and more outrageous –
heartface, your dirty mind and dirtier laugh were quite contagious!
And then when I went back all on my tod to my lonely old ken,
all I could think was how I needed to be with you once again –
my dear, I was so very fired up by your wit and your talent,
I couldn’t manage even a single wink, I swear I couldn’t,
tossed and turned about on my single letty ‘til ever so late.
And today so as to let you know all about my two and eight,
I’m dropping you a line. Be a bona pal, don’t be a meanie:
Miss Karma can be a terrible bitch – you’d better believe me!
Polari glossary:
fantabulosa – wonderful; heartface – [a term of endearment]; on my tod – on my own; ken – house; two and eight – a state; bona – good
fantabulosa – wonderful; heartface – [a term of endearment]; on my tod – on my own; ken – house; two and eight – a state; bona – good
Comments
Post a Comment